Setting cloud Nextcloud 16 or Nextcloud 17 on your own server is simple, however in combination with ISPConfig 3 there may occur some problems or issues with Nextcloud 16 or Nextcloud 17 functions like unable to upload files or errors while uploading files through Nextcloud Android app.
In this Article:1. First steps in ISPConfig 3 panel
2. Tricky part - edit domain NGINX vhost file
Error example shown in error logs:
[error] 29691#29691: *211 access forbidden by rule, client: XXX.XXX.XXX.XX, server: ncloud.yourdomain.com, request: "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/user/74a00956189887e59756e4e9f26d760c/.file HTTP/1.1", host: "ncloud.yourdomain.com"
Error 403 example visible in access logs:
XXX.XXX.XXX.XX - user [19/Aug/2019:09:37:39 +0100] "MOVE /remote.php/dav/uploads/user/d196927a4d5b73313ca673277031bad9/.file HTTP/1.1" 403 169 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (Android) Nextcloud-android/3.7.2"
All users want to avoid this, to fully enjoy self hosted cloud Nextcloud 16 or Nextcloud 17. Just a few lines of directives added in appropriate places in the ISPConfig 3 panel should do the trick, check this out.
Tutorial - Nextcloud 16.x and Nextcloud 17.x PHP NGINX directives working with ISPConfig 3
First steps in ISPConfig 3 panel
If you don't have it done already, under ISPConfig 3 panel create website (Sites tab -> Website -> Add new website), for example ncloud.yourdomain.com
Generate Let's encrypt SSL certificate (Let's Encrypt SSL checkbox under Domain tab should be checked)
Place this Custom php.ini settings (Options tab):
- The cart is empty
- How to use reCaptcha v3 plugin with own Joomla 3.x component or module in PHP?
- MediaWiki 1.3x with Parsoid server, Visual Editor over SSL and Nginx and ISPConfig 3 (Debian 9)
- Nextcloud 16 or Nextcloud 17 and ISPConfig 3 PHP NGINX directives
- What is the difference between SEM and SEO?
- What is Google SERP – Search Engine Results Page?